*Renew * Rebuild * Revamp* Redo*

With a few thrift store treasures and some basic sewing skills, you can create original one of a kind additions to your wardrobe, unique gifts, beautiful handbags, adorable hats or anything else that tickles your fancy.
I love hitting up my local thrift stores looking for treasures. They are fun to explore and often help spawn new ideas and inspiration for projects. Reusing once loved goods is one more way to help our planet stay clean. When thrifting always make sure to bring along a friend, the more eyes the merrier!

-CAUGHT DEAD THREADS*

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

T-Shirt Skirts


SIMPLE T-SHIRT SKIRTS
 
One day soon I will post pictures of the process of making these. It's pretty easy and fast. It helps if you use can use a serger because it finishes the seams and leaves a decorative edge that does not get all wavy looking or wonky out of shape.


This was made from two t-shirts serged together at the sides to add some color
A great use for old concert t-shirts!!

Another thrift store find.  I printed up an image of a pair of dressmaker sheers and transferred it onto clear contact paper. I carefully cut it out and stuck it onto my shirt.

I painted my image using fabric paint and let it dry overnight.
This is the back of the skirt. I slit the skirt and added some patchwork that was also made from old t-shirts and sewn using my serger .
The finished product.
My sister is a hair stylist so I made one for her with an image of hairdresser sheers












More thrift store finds
I eventually added and waistband with a drawstring tie to this one.






Alright, this one was made from fabric that I had laying around, not from a thrift store but worthy of popping into the skirt section here.

Close up of cute birdie trim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment