*Renew * Rebuild * Revamp* Redo*

With a few thrift store treasures and some basic sewing skills, you can create original one of a kind additions to your wardrobe, unique gifts, beautiful handbags, adorable hats or anything else that tickles your fancy.
I love hitting up my local thrift stores looking for treasures. They are fun to explore and often help spawn new ideas and inspiration for projects. Reusing once loved goods is one more way to help our planet stay clean. When thrifting always make sure to bring along a friend, the more eyes the merrier!

-CAUGHT DEAD THREADS*

Friday, December 10, 2010

OWL BAGS










Time seems to go by faster and faster these days!! My sewing machine stopped working and needed to go into the shop which I thought was going to put a halt to my sewing, but thanks to a very gracious friend I was able to continue my projects with the use of her machine!!! Thank you L!!!

So I have been working on completing my recycled owl bags to add to my collection. I occasionally work craft fairs and decided that I needed more owl bags so here they are.
They are made from upholstery samples, which were destined for the trash. I'm also planning on new designs with squirrel appliques!! Once I get my machine back from the shop, I will get started on those.

2 comments: